Monday, August 26, 2013

The Tennessee Monday Report

Greetings from the Great Smoky Mountains.  It is currently 65 degrees (although it will warm up to 85).  If you do not know already, I am speaking this week in a conference in Sevierville, Tennessee (hometown of Amanda Kross).  I have been fortunate to be asked to speak on personalities over the last four years.  Each year I have seen this conference (Polishing the Pulpit) grow.  This year they surpassed 3,000.  It is made up of preachers, elders, deacons, and church members who enjoy the wide range of topics, multiple classes and, of course, the beautiful area.  They have classes throughout the day for children of all ages, teenagers, and ladies.  Personally, I enjoy the singing each night when over 3,000 voices are raising the rafters.  It also gives me some personal time to reflect on the work at Vero, to meet new people, and sit in the "pews" to be fed.

Saturday night was my first class: using personality to match deacons to their works.  This afternoon, I teach a second class on "Understanding Myself" which is a basic lesson on the temperaments and how they apply to Scripture.  Tomorrow, I will be teaching teenagers about using their God given personality to serve the church.  Wednesday, I speak that morning to teens on overcoming temperament weaknesses and then that night to adults on marriage and personality.  Then I get up Thursday morning and make the 11 hour drive back to Vero, Lord willing.

This Sunday my plans are to preach on an ending to our Summer class (In the Beginning...).  I got started on it last night and I'm pretty excited.  Then the next week, September 8th, we will begin a 5 week sermons series on "Forgotten Virtues."  Also, on the 8th, we will be starting back the "Coffee Connection."  Start praying about this now as it can be a powerful avenue to reach our visitors.  Also that night, I will begin the "Vero Beach 101" class for visitors and new members.  It is a great way for others to understand what we are about, what we believe, and what the Lord expects of us.  If you know of anyone who has ever said, "What do I have to do to be a member?" or "What do you guys believe in?"... invite them to come.

These are just a few of the many new classes, opportunities of service, and activities that begin on September 8th.  Look to your bulletin, the website, and announcement boards to stay up to date.  This should be a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment