Monday, August 12, 2013

Coming Home

The Moore summer vacation is in the books.  We packed up this morning and headed for Vero.  As I write this I am getting in one last cup of coffee while overlooking Manatee Bay.  A beautiful view, but I'm ready to get back to work.  I feel refreshed and those creative juices have begun to flow again.

If you are wondering what we did this week it consisted mostly of fishing and snorkeling.  In fact, the water is so clear here we were able to dive to find the fish we were looking for.  We ended the week with a fishing charter.  Once we threw the first hook in the water I couldn't remember a time someone wasn't hooked up with a fish.  Not all were keepers, but lots of fun.  We had some nice baked Spanish mackerel and grilled redfish for our "last supper."  Great way to end our trip.

We did see some beautiful sunrises and sunsets.  Being on an island, the sun came up on the bay behind the house and the sun set on the beach, which was a 3 1/2 block walk from our rental.

Now back to business.  This Sunday will be a lesson on using the talents you have been given to serve the Lord.  This isn't about "just get busy" type of sermon, but using our God-given gifts.  I'm really excited about this study.

Enough for now.  I've got to get started on this lesson and prepare for an elders meeting tonight.  I am looking forward to seeing everyone Wednesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment