Monday, August 5, 2013

Signing Off

I am going off the grid, so to speak, this week.  It is a time of renewal and refreshing for myself and the family.  That being said my phone will be off.  David and Joel will be back from Oklahoma tomorrow night if you were needing to get in touch with a minister.  Also, our elders are always willing to help out with any spiritual needs you may be having.

That being said, almost every rod and reel in the garage has been packed, along with my favorite fishing magazines, and coffee.  Everything is loaded and ready to go.

Despite being down in numbers, I felt we had a great day of worship.  The singing was great, we completed another sermon series, and we enjoyed another group of visitors.  I can only speak for the upstairs Sunday night service, but we had some powerful discussions on prayer.  Things are getting better and better all the time.

August is officially in full swing as it leads up to many new things coming in September, which is when our year officially begins.  The elders will be presenting the plans in a few weeks.  I can tell you about a sermon series that will begin September 8 - Forgotten Virtues.  It is a 5 week journey to restore forgotten virtues in our world - honor, purity, loyalty, integrity, and gratitude.

Speaking of sermons, the Sunday I return from vacation I will be preaching a lesson on finding your place to serve.  It will focus on being the most effective in our work for Christ.  We will be dealing with your personality and the best fit for you.  Love to Serve will be a major emphasis over this coming year, not so much in words but in deeds.

Well, I have already taken enough of your time, as well as my own.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment