Monday, August 10, 2015

Another Great Day

Let's begin with the big news - Kadi McFall made the decision to trust in Jesus and be baptized.  She has been talking about this for a couple of weeks and studied with her mother and grandparents.  I was privileged to be apart of this moment in her life.  I had a couple of pictures to add but my blog site isn't letting me.  Hoping I can put them in next week.

Kadi wanted Ethel Meadows and Helen Rathel to be with her in the baptistery, as well as her two church friends - Bella Moore and Blair Soop.  I love the positive influence our elderly ladies have had on our young girls.  After services Ethel and Helen took the three girls out for pizza.  They also spent the night at Ethel's house.  These two ladies are only a couple of our older generation that has reached across their age group.  It isn't always easy, but when you watch one of those kids being baptized you suddenly understand what it's all about.  We are not "a younger church" or an "older church", but one that enjoys every generation of believers working together to serve Christ.  I would hate to think we were either or.  I love this church.

Lately we have been given a crop of visitors from our community.  A few studies are in progress and some still want to view from a distance.  Either way, make sure you look for these people each week.  A simple smile, friendly greeting, and a few kind words go a long way.  Please seek me out if I haven't met someone.  I try to get around to all our guests but occasionally I will miss a couple of folks.

Sunday afternoon, about 13 of us spent a couple of hours celebrating the 56th anniversary of the Gifford Church of Christ.  I had a few pictures to share, but...  The thing that made me most proud was the church talking about the help and support they received for our congregation, especially Bob Brackett.  It was mentioned, this relationship began with us in a time race relations were bad in our country.  Praise God!

We are down to our last two weeks in our series "Amazing Jesus."  This Sunday the lesson is on the death and resurrection of Christ, what I am entitling "Just Amazing."  This is such an important part our faith.  It is here true life begins.  Please keep me in your prayers this week as I search for all the amazing aspects of these three days in history.

Last week I began thinking about what I want preach in September.  It was a let down.  Where do you go from a study of the Son of God coming to the earth?  Usually I am ready to begin a new series, especially after one has gone this long, but not this time.  With the help of the elders and ministers, I believe I know what we will study, but keep it in your prayers.

Go out today and love your enemies.  Say something kind or do something for them.  No one said it would be easy, only that it is in line with Jesus.  If you have created enemies, work them out.  If our Lord could be humble enough to wash the nasty feet of Judas, surely we can humble ourselves to apologize for wrongs we have committed toward others.  Grow and mature in the love of God.  Read and reflect on this Jesus.  Pray the Spirit would help you overcome, so your enemies can see Jesus.

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment