Monday, September 9, 2013

I Love This Church!

It is days like yesterday that make me love this church even more.  Yesterday was one of those toe-stompin' sermons.  Usually my toes are sore by the time I get ready to deliver a lesson like that, but it was the responses that provided the stronger sermon.  We had two come forward who had been touched by the message.  It didn't stop there as I heard one story after another of people apologizing to someone else, tears shed, and many who personally told me they needed that lesson.  God is good.  That is the only acceptable response.  This morning I will begin my study on the second Forgotten Virtue - purity.  Keep praying for this series.

Coffee Connection started back after a summer break.  You never know what to expect each week, but we had more than expected.  One visitor opened up about her life, which we do not push, and is seeking God's direction.  Lots of tears, encouraging words from others, and new friendships developed.  She was back with us Sunday night finding a place to get involved.

Speaking of Sunday nights, anytime you make changes and there are more than a couple of options there will be confusion.  For the most part it seemed to go extremely well.  The parenting class was full, people were busy everywhere I went, and much good was done.  Thanks to all who came out and especially those who have been putting this thing together.  Keep reading your bulletin, checking the website, and keeping a copy of the sheet printed with all the Bible classes, subjects, locations, and Sunday night events.

It's just great to wake up on Monday morning looking forward to going to work.  Most people dread it, including some preachers I know, but I love this church.  I love it because of the tenderness in your hearts for God's Word.  I love it for the care you have for each other and my family.  So many more reasons, but those came through the strongest Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment