Monday, January 12, 2015

A Great Sunday!

Yesterday was one of those Sundays that you remember for a long time.  It just seemed everything was clicking on all cylinders.  I cannot speak to the other classes, but the new converts class was really special.  I am not at liberty to give details, due to the fact we keep things confidential, but it was one of those unique sharing moments and how it applies to the subject at hand.  David Paladin and I love teaching this class.

Sunday worship was uplifting on many accounts.  We had a full house.  Several people came from our community.  David Brooker did a great job with our song service.  As he mentioned, all of you sounded so good.  The sermon, thank God, resonated with our people.  The two main compliments were "you really stepped on my toes" and "that was the best sermon you have ever preached." That can only mean one thing, in my book, the Spirit of God used me as His vessel.  I did a lot of praying over this sermon.  When you touch the heart it goes much further than eloquent words and a good presentation.  May God receive all the glory.

Sunday night was our congregational meeting.  To be honest, I am always apprehensive of things like this.  A couple of weeks ago a preacher contacted me about their meeting the night before.  He was beaten down and wanted to talk and pray.  It became a meeting for a few to air grievances over opinionated issues.  Making accusations that were not only untrue, but hateful.  It isn't that I was expecting anything like that, but they make me nervous.  What can I say, I'm from Alabama.  I want to commend all of you for the way you handled yourself.  There were some good questions brought up and each person who asked did so in a kind manner.  The whole meeting was positive.

We have gotten off to a great start in 2015.  I am excited about what our future holds.  Speaking of the future, our Friend Day and kickoff to gods at war begins Sunday.  Let us continue to invite others to attend.  Don't forget we will have a meal following, which also means we will not have Sunday night services.  More to come on the details of the help that will be needed.

More positive news, Lonnie Ledford fixed one of the booths in the Hebrews Coffee Shop.  You may have noticed one of them reclined a little more than the others.  Lonnie took it upon himself to take it home and make it strong enough to use again.  Thanks Lonnie.

Let us continue to check on our sick or those you may not have seen in a couple of weeks.  Please let the leadership know if there is any updates or you believe needs our attention.  Someone "inbox" me on Facebook yesterday afternoon of someone they noticed hasn't been here.  That's great.  Feel free to email, call, inbox, or whatever way you need to get in touch with us.  It is always appreciated.  Tonight is our elders/ministers meeting if you have anything you would like for us to pray about.  Also, if you ever want to meet with us, or just the elders, please let Mike McGee or Joe Wild know and they will set up a time.  The leaders want to be here for you.

Ok, I have rambled on long enough.  Sorry there are no pictures today - just use your imagination.  Looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment