Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving Leftovers


Some of you probably hate Thanksgiving leftovers or at least you do by Monday.  For me, I get as excited about leftovers as I do the meal itself.  I love a good ham sandwiche from the baked ham leftovers!

This morning (or afternoon) I want to share some of the great leftovers from this past week.  We start with our Sticky Note Thanksgiving.  Joel and I didn't know what to expect when we were planning this event.  One thing that was totally unexpected, was people placing sticky notes on others with a special note of thanks.  It was such a cool experience.  Here are just a few I thought were really neat (I left out personal ones):

"I am thankful to God for leading me to this church."
"Thankful for a church family that loves to pray."
"I look at this and it represents an ongoing bright light (many lights) shinning in this church." - Put on the lighted tree on stage.
"People who cared enough about me to lead me to my salvation."
"For the missionary work that is taking place to save lost souls."
"I am thankful for new friends that become family!"
"Thankful for the water in the baptistery and its symbolism."
"Prayers from my church family."
"Thankful for the joyful singing that lifts my spirits each week."
"Teens in front rows."
"I'm thankful for the instructions in the Word I received when I first started to come to the church that lead to my being baptized."

From some of the children:

"My dad and mom for bringing me here."
"Holy Bibles"
"I am thankful for the Christmas lights."
"Thank you for being such nice people."
"I'm thankful for the new playground."

Even some animals made it on some notes:

"I am thankful for my dogs!"
"My horses."
"I'm thankful for the trees and the leaves and also deer!!"  (Not sure if this was an animal lover or a hunter.)

Hopefully you were able to go around and read other notes.  Thanks again for everyone who took part.


I heard many great comments about our Fireside Chat and the things we will be doing as a church.  Please continue to look to your bulletin, the website and our Facebook page to stay up to date on the various things going on.  Here are a few things that begin THIS WEEK:

WEDNESDAY NIGHT CLASSES (7 PM): The Book of Lamentations (Lynn Center #105) or I Love to Sing (Hebrews Coffee Shop)

SUNDAY MORNING CLASSES (9:30 AM): Living Jesus (Auditorium) or Church 101 for new Christians/unchurched (Lynn Center #105)

SUNDAY MORNING SERMON SERIES (10:30 AM): Do You Hear What I Hear? (Lk. 2:8-21)

SUNDAY NIGHT (5:30 PM): Christmas Party @ the Heritage Center downtown.  If you are planning to come but were unable to sign up for food PLEASE let us know so we can make sure we have enough.  We still have a slot for a crockpot of meatballs and a platter of vegetables.  We still need two people to sign up for a platter of chicken wings and three for a platter of sandwiches.  We need three more to sign up for chips and dip; two for a platter of cheese and crackers; two for relish tray; four for heavy appetizer trays; and three for desserts.  We have the list in the office, so please either respond back to this email or contact the church office.  It is going to be a great time together.

Okay, I've given you a lot of information, so I'm going to stop now.  Busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment