Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving Week!

 

Ok, I get a little excited about Thanksgiving.  It is my favorite time of year.  One of the benefits is having several visitors and our college kids home.  Because of that fact, our singing was extra good.

Yesterday we finished up our sermon series on the 2nd Coming of Christ.  I have enjoyed going to the office, over the last several weeks, to dive into this topic.  Don't let the message die... look forward to that day and hurry it along... (II Peter 3:12 - NLT).  Amen! Come, Lord Jesus (Rev. 22:20 - NLT).

Speaking of sermons, this Sunday we will announce the December series, along with the plans for our adult Bible classes.  Add to that, something the elders and ministers have been working on for January.  There will be video clips of a couple of these things.

TUESDAY NIGHT: Please join us tomorrow night for our "Sticky Note Thanksgiving!".  Joel and I have been working on this evening.  We will sing a few songs, read some inspirational Scriptures, offer up prayers of thanksgiving as well as an interesting use of sticky notes.  Our prayer is to lead each of us to a true feeling and understanding of gratitude.  We begin at 7 PM.

I would like to say how much I love this church.  I am thankful we have elders and a ministry staff that is focused upon this congregation of believers and treat our sister congregations with love and respect.  We are not hung up on "conservative" or "liberal" titles.  It doesn't mean we may not disagree, only that we do not become their judge and jury.  Of the seven churches of Asia, Sardis is the only one in which Jesus doesn't begin with a compliment.  He really hammers them, but also says, "Yet even in Sardis there are some who have no soiled their garments with evil deeds.  They will walk with me in white, for they are worthy."  (Rev. 3:4 - NLT)  Today I am truly thankful God has allowed me to be apart of this church and its leadership.

Find ways to share the love and grace of God this week. Do you know someone who is physically sick or spiritually drained?  Is there someone you know who may not have any family you could invite to Thanksgiving.  As a father, I can't tell you how much it means to Missy and I that at least three families, in the church Lex attends in Oklahoma City, have invited him for lunch on Thursday.  Don't just count your blesses this week... share them.

Finally, look who I ran into at Panera this morning.  They sat with me while they ate their half burned bagels.  I am thankful for the young people we have in this church.  Have a great week and we will see you tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment