Monday, June 17, 2013

Uplifting Day

Father's Day was a great day for most.  It is the day each year there are more collect calls.  We sort of get the shaft, so to speak, when we compare it to Mother's Day, but I don't think any fathers complain.  Many of you were treated to some special gifts, cards, and a few homemade things you still haven't figured out.  They are all important.  Now dads, back to work.

As expected, our attendance was low, but the spirits were high.  It was a great day of worship.  Personally, I am enjoying our class on "In the Beginning...", which brings new light to the Almighty God in creation.  We are nearing the pinnacle of His creation.  I have appreciated the comments made in class.  Some of you approach me afterwards with some fascinating research in these areas.  God is awesome!

Sunday night was especially encouraging to me.  In the Lynn Center, we went over an hour and had to cut a few things.  We sang songs of praise to God, learned a couple of new ones (despite my sorry teaching ability), prayed for each other, talked about the things we are thankful for and ways God has been working in our lives this week, as well as a great lesson on "Transformation" by Bill Raikes.  For me it was a great way to end my night.  No tension, just an inner peace.

Jimmy Robertson came forward Sunday morning asking for prayers for personal tragedy in his life.  You may not know all the details, but our Heavenly Father does.  Keep his name before the throne of God this week.  This also goes for others you know who are struggling.  In the bulletin each week we have many who need God's help.  Check on those you suspect is struggling (physically, mentally, or spiritually).  Let our shepherds know if anyone in the flock needs extra care.

Keep Joel, our summer intern (Melanie), and our youth in your prayers as they are away at Impact at David Lipscomb.

Also, keep me in your prayers as well, it is a long week ahead.  I'm not complaining as much of it has to do with a couple of Bible studies that I may begin.  I need to stay focused on my sermon text as well as try to serve others the best I can.  It will be important for me to take time to pray, study, and rely on God's Spirit to keep my mind sharp and my heart at peace.  Satan always comes after me during these types of weeks.  This also means I need to live on priorities, which always means someone may not get the care I would like to give because of more serious responsibilities.  Thank you in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment