Monday, June 10, 2013

A Spirit-Filled Day

Sunday was a Spirit-filled day.  It began with our singing songs of praise to God.  David lead some powerful songs and the church responded by, as Paul commanded, to "sing praise with my spirit." (I Cor. 14:15)  You can see it on people's faces and hear it in their voices.  Paul also said, "...be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with all your heart."  (Eph. 5:18-19)

Sunday morning we also dedicated a lesson to the Holy Spirit and suffering.  So many positive responses to our passage of Scripture.  The Spirit, by inspiration (II Pet. 1:20-21), tells us how He is working in our lives today.  A few people let me know how much this study affected them.  One, Charlotte Hall, responded to the lesson with words of praise that had filled her heart.  I have known Charlotte for a while and I have never seen her like this.  I have never seen the joy that was overflowing from her soul as she tried to tell me something the Lord had done through her life.  A Spirit-filled response in which she told me, "I just couldn't keep it in."  I do not believe that any of us truly know the depths of this subject.  As our first song proclaimed, "I stand in awe."

We will begin the last chapter of our series this Sunday.  As this great book closes, Peter will be giving advice to our elders, then to the church, before making his closing remarks.  It is some powerful words inspired by the Spirit of God.

Keep David Paladin in your prayers this week as he is in Memphis doing work for his Master's degree at Harding Graduate School.  Also, let's continue to keep Peggy Stevens and Joe Wild in our daily prayers as they battle cancer.  There are others who may be physically sick or spiritually weak who need our attention.  Please let the elders and church office know if there are those who need special attention and prayer.  Find out what you can do and how you can serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment