Monday, May 6, 2013

Belated Monday Morning

I arrived at Panera this morning to do my Monday morning routine - blog, sermon research, and getting caffeinated from the weekend.  But I forgot one thing...my keyboard for my computer (it attaches and detaches).  Anyway, late start on my Monday Morning Report and then got busy when I came to the office.  Well, here is goes...

Sunday morning was a beautiful day!  The temperature was just right (at least for me) and the sun was shining.  This always makes for happy people.  I personally enjoyed Lex leading singing, probably a little bias.  You all helped to make a point from the lesson as we sang out in harmony.  It was just a great day.  That night 2:42 Groups met and had discussions about the Lord's Supper.  This is such an important practice of the church and we must never get tired of studying the true purpose of what we do each week.  God's Word is our guide and we must never do things because "that's the way we have always done it."  I love the way this congregation continues the practice of the restoration movement.

Tonight is our Celebrate Recovery program.  Remember, it is not JUST for drug addicts and alcoholics, but anyone who has hurts, habits or hang ups.  There are two meetings every Monday night (7 and 8 PM).  Click on the link to see a promotional video http://vimeo.com/55078478  It is a great program we need to utilize for ourselves and our community.  If you have any questions, talk with John Pickerill, Carol Lee, or Becky Pylant.

Don't forget to check on those around you who were not here Sunday.  Alert the elders to anyone you feel needs a visit or encouragement.  Also, if you learn of anything that needs to be added to our prayer list, call the church office.  Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment