Monday, March 25, 2013

Good morning fellow sojourners!  This report is going to be short and sweet (I know, the one you have all been waiting for).  Since my kids are out for Spring Break, I am taking about 5 days of vacation starting today.  Normally I take a whole week, but with Easter this Sunday I feel it best to cut it short and use those days later.  My phone will be shut off so if there is an emergency please contact the church office.  David Paladin and Joel Soumar are more than capable ministers who can serve you.  I cherish this time with my wife and kids.  Thank you in advance.  My class will meet on Wednesday night.

As far as Sunday was concerned, it was a great day!  Despite the numbers being down a bit the overall attitude was up.  We had two first-time guests in the Coffee Connection.  If you were a part of a 2:42 Group you realize what a great lesson was shown on teaching God's Word.  Let's roll this atmosphere into next week as we prepare for what should be the best attended service of the year.  But that also means we must do our part in inviting others.  As we talked about Sunday morning, live that beautiful life before others so God may be glorified.

Let us not forget about fellow brothers and sisters this week.  Joe Wild is in Tampa to find out more about his cancer and how best to treat it.  Peggy Stephens will be finding out more about her cancer on Thursday.  These are just two examples of people we need to be praying for this week.  I'm sure I have left someone out, not intentionally, so let's keep our ears and eyes open for those who need it.  As David Brooker mentioned Sunday morning, look around for those who were not here this week and check in on them.  Let the church office know if there is anyone who has immediate needs.

Bill and Liz Raikes had a scare last night as the fires in St. Lucie County were threatening their home.  Hopefully the rain will help with further threats of wild fires for a while.

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment