Monday, February 16, 2015

Coming Home (hopefully)


This morning we finished up our marriage retreat in Williamsburg with a great group of people from the Georgia Avenue Church of Christ in Washington, D.C.  The trip was a success: we made some new friends and I did my first marriage retreat using the personalities model.

In this room is several former military, one who worked in the pentagon, a former model, a man who is from Ireland (awesome accent), a guy who works for the Smithsonian (Natural History), two people originally from Alabama (I know one of them), a lawyer, a physical trainer, a couple who are both over 6'2", etc.


Missy and I fought over this little guy - Joshua.
 
 
Here is just a brief glimpse of the historic Williamsburg Colony
 

 
And of course what little time we had in Washington D.C.
 


We are packed up and ready to head back.  We are supposed to fly out at 9 PM but there is a winter advisory in effect.  Yes, that means snow and lots of it.  I'm excited but also want to get home.  Prayers are appreciated.  We did have plenty of cold weather.  Most days it was either in the single digits or teens.  Wind chill brought about whole different element.  I loved it.  Missy hated it.  Everyone on the retreat wanted to come back with us to Florida.  By the way, we attended Sunday morning services with the Williamsburg Church of Christ.  I saw something that was foreign to me.  A coat rack in the foyer.


Well, I have to get on the road.  Looking forward to being back with my church family this week.  A big thanks to David Paladin for filling the pulpit for me while I was gone.

Grace and Peace.
Tracy

 


No comments:

Post a Comment