Sunday, July 13, 2014

Hey Mon!

It is Sunday night and I am exhausted!  I woke up at 4:30 am and couldn't go back to sleep.  It is now after 10 pm.  But it is a good kind of tired.  Everyone in our group, Carolyn Boling, Missy Moore, Joel Soumar, and Marilyn Yergler, would also agree.  Here is the way our first day has gone.

Worship this morning was sooooo uplifting.  I cannot begin to describe the singing.  We tried to video parts of it, but it doesn't do it justice.  You really have to experience it to truly understand.  All I can tell you is my voice is hoarse from singing so much. After that we had our first lesson, Paul Blake.  I was speaking next, and felt very insignificant.  These preachers are good... really good.

The Lord's Supper was interesting as the juice was served on waitress trays, since they didn't have the standard communion trays.  But it worked just fine.  We got out of worship around 12:45 pm.  We had lunch in the cafeteria, along with the Dos Santo's and then free time until 5:30 pm.

From 5:30-6:50 there were a few singing groups who performed.  It is a different style than in America, but extremely good.  It would have been even better if they had a decent sound system.

Sunday morning they were pulling chairs to be able to get everyone seated, but by tonight the crowds had grown and several were standing around the walls (Joel and I sat on the floor).  I'm not sure everyone was able to get into the building.  The singing was fantastic (of course).  The two preachers, Bro. Clancy and Bro. Osbourne, really knocked it out of the park.  Have I mentioned how good these preachers are?  Needless to say, we finally walked out around 9:30 pm and a quick bite in the cafeteria.

This lectureship has become special to me.  It is called a lectureship, but it is more of a spiritual recharge.  Last year was great, but this year is even better.  I'm really glad I have some of our folks to share it with, especially Missy.  Very rarely does she get to go with me on things like this.

Enough for now, Sunday night Joel and I will be sharing pictures and stories of the trip.  So far, Joel has the best story!  Well, I can hardly keep my eyes open, so I am shutting down for the night.  Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment